There is no Christmas without Cava to toast and share with family and friends on Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day and whenever it is terce. But choosing it well can be fundamental, since the cava that you take as a gift to the house of your wife's parents / husband / girlfriend / boyfriend is not the same as the one you choose for your home.
The clear price range also matters, and it must be borne in mind that a cava can be perfectly at the level of Champagne, and in many cases Champagne is tremendously inflated by price simply because it is French. In Spain we have Sparkling really excellent, and here are some of them in order of price and all made to hit:
- Carta Navada of Freixenet (5,90 €): A cava made by the traditional method of bodegas Freixenet for decades. Its huge production makes its price is really good with respect to the quality of this sparkling. Carta Nevada is a cava made to give a touch of color to the parties.
- Cava Freixenet Vintage Reserve (6,95 €): Without doubt the best in terms of price quality. Very appreciated among the experts thanks to its 15 months of barrel aging, which gives it a touch of delicious complexity. This is a perfect cellar to take home to someone who knows about wines.
- Cava Freixenet Elyssia Pinot Noir (12,95 €): A cava made to impress. Its intense pink color and Its beautiful case make it perfect for a gift. Also inside the bottle keeps a very delicate wine made from the Pinot Noir grape. A hit always.
- Cava Freixenet Elyssia Gran Cuvée, Chardonay (12,95 €): Fine and very well presented. A champagne to give away or to take home from her parents or him. Chardonnay grapes at 100% with exceptional aromas stored in an impressive bottle.
- Cava Freixenet Reserva Real (25,95 €): Selected by the Royal House Spanish on numerous occasions for your gala dinners. A cellar like the ones that are no longer made. Presented in a traditional bottle, and with fine and elegant aromas with a perfect bubble. The star of the Freixenet cavas, at the height of the best Champagne.